(805) 524-0948

©2019 by Fillmore Historical Museum. Proudly created with Wix.com

The History of Our Area

Prior to the arrival of the Southern Pacific Railroad in 1887, this area was sheep and cattle country.  There had been people in the valley for hundreds of years.  The area was first occupied by the Chumash whose villages dotted the valley from the Sespe River and Piru Creek.  Read more

Railroad

Agriculture

Oil

Schools

Disasters